Established Logistics firm is seeking to employ a driven and passionate Logistics Business Development Manager to join their dynamic team.
1. Must have at least 5 years Sales / management experience within the Transport & Logistics Industry.
2. Must have a solid working history.
3. Qualification Grade 12 essential.
4. Must be able to do own estimates, quotes and tenders.
5. Computer literate MS Excel and Maths.
6. Figure ability and knowledge of MS Excel essential.
7. Previous negotiating experience.
8. Good communications skills in order to form relationships with clients and transporters
1. The duties will be obtaining new business as well as have existing customer care duties.
2. Must define and implement the sales strategy to meet client needs and in compliance with the strategic areas assigned by the Company.
3. Must develop a network of Key customers to ensure that all opportunities are identified and creates competitive offers to encourage customer retention and winning of new business whilst optimizing revenues and profitability.
4. Responsible for the promotion and active selling of the company’s services.
5. Produce revenue growth by identifying decision makers, coordinating customer meetings, and developing comprehensive proposals.
6. Assess and identify business needs and conduct customer analysis to determine customer requirements and constraints, determine the impact of products/services on customers, and identify which products, services and features to promote to current/potential customers.
7. Build business partnerships and develop key customer relationships to maximize account profitability.
8. Create and develop strategies and plans for effectively managing accounts.
9. Work productively in a team atmosphere.
10. Executive level engagement.
11. Operational implementation of new business signed.
12. Travel around the country to introduce him/herself to prospective customers to obtain their business.
13. Must have the ability to execute instructions and meet deadlines / finish tasks on time, willingness to learn and to go the extra mile.
14. Must portray a professional conduct, the definition being the ability to respond fast and accurate to prospect’s and customer’s requests as well as his / her ability to work with the SPH Transport Services Operations and Administration team.
15. Will be responsible to submit quotes, open accounts and look after all new business obtained.
16. Will be required to do at least 5 Customer visits per day in and around Cape Town when not travelling outside of the Western Cape. These visits need to be a mixture of new business and existing customer care.
17. Coordinating orders between Regions in South Africa.
18. Booking and coordinating all trucks with the Operations team to different regions.
19. Follow up on delivery queries and transport issues.
20. Liaise with Customers regarding orders and deliveires.
21. Building and maintaining client relationships.
Position available to start a.s.a.p. Must fulfill requirements otherwise you will not be considered for this position. Must be have experience in current role recently or the last position you had.